RESPONDING TO RFPs
Audience: Banks and service providers
Description: This is a one-day intensive course for people who respond to RFPs. It is
very hands-on with the participants practicing with live cases and samples of real RFPs.
1. It begins with the customer
- Why customers issue RFPs
- Types of RFPs
- Objectives and motives
- What do they want out of the process
2. Preparing to write the proposal
- Information you need before you start writing
- Important questions to ask
- What are the customer's priorities
- What if your customer is using a consultant?
- Using the Proposal Template
3. Elements of a Proposal
- Executive summary
- Current situation and objectives
- Recommendations and proposed solutions
- Technical details
- Pricing and pro forma analysis
- Service level guarantees
- Relationship team
4. It ends with the customer
- What is the appropriate format?
- Not all customers are the same
- Not all proposals are the same
- When to use Word, when to use PowerPoint
- Group exercise
Global Strategic Planning
Allman-Ward Associates, Inc.